Life in the World's
RAINFOREST ACTIVITY 1
LAYERS OF A TROPICAL RAINFOREST
A MATCHING GAME
- Correctly match each animal species with the level of the rainforest where it primarily lives
- Learn rainforest layer definitions and properties
- Discover that rainforests exist in a variety of locations globally
- Understand that each layer of a rainforest supports a great deal of life (biodiversity), and that each life in the rainforest is integral to the rainforest’s survival
- Download the Levels of the Rainforest game board and tiles.
- Print the Levels of the Rainforest board, preferably on cardstock or photo paper for repeat use.
- Print the rainforest species game tiles, preferably on cardstock or photo paper for repeat use.
- Cut out the species game tiles that you printed. Mix them up for a challenge.
- View the Life in the World’s Tropical Rainforests presentation.
- Match the animal species to the correct layers of the tropical rainforest in which they live.
Research and Explore:
Besides the examples that we provided in the Prezi and the game tiles, what other animals live in a tropical rainforest? There are many!
- List 5 species that live at the Forest Floor
- List 5 species that live in the Understory
- List 5 species that live in the Canopy
- List 5 species that live in the Emergent Layer
Copyright © New England Primate Conservancy 2016-2022. You may freely use, copy and share these Learning Activities for educational purposes.
For questions or comments, e-mail us at [email protected].