YOU'RE THE SCIENTIST!
A KEY FOR IDENTIFYING PRIMATE SPECIES
Create Your Own Dichotomous Key to Identify Lemurs
Creating Your Dichotomous Key
- Create a dichotomous key based on the 5 specimens in the lemur photo array.
- Your key must have 2 statements per step.
- It must have at least 4 steps, but not more than 10 steps.
- The statements in each step should refer to traits that you can observable in the picture. Ask yourself: “How are the lemurs similar?” “How are they different?”
- When finished, check to make sure each step correctly leads the user through the key and correctly identifies each primate species.
The answer key is to check your accuracy AFTER you’ve created your lemur dichotomous key. No cheating!
LEMUR ANSWER KEY