THIS IS PRIMATE JEOPARTY!
Based on the popular American television quiz show in which answers are provided first and contestants supply the questions. Test your primate knowledge!
- Allow participants to study prior to the day of the activity using the New England Primate Conservancy website.
- Encourage participants to note unique aspects of each species and subspecies. For many of the categories, a visual clue sourced from the Primate Species Profiles is next to the statement to give the participants a clue.
- Explore this interactive game board prior to hosting this experience for your learners.
- Make sure to close the file before using, as the squares will change color after they’ve been clicked to denote which have been used.
- After each question is answered, click ‘Back To Panel’ to return to the game board.
GOALS AND RESOURCES
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Interesting attributes of fifteen primates within the four classifications.
- Our daily choices impact the future of habitats and the creatures who live in them, and we can make a difference through small changes.
- The origins of nonhuman primates.